Hello ladies its time to retro ise your make up!! (Also check out (1940's- 1950's) in an earlier post)
1960's - the time of exaggerated everything!
- Apply your foundation and an oil control powder.
- Smooth a light eyebase on your eyelids from lashline to crease.
- Pat matte white eyeshadow from lashline to browbone with a sponge applicator. You need a thick chalky block of colour!
- Apply black eyeshadow along your crease line with a small damp brush. Soften slightly.
- Line your upper lashline with black liquid eyeliner, the innermost corner should be narrower than the centre of the line and the outer corner should be thicker.
- Line your lower lashline with black liquid liner or if you prefer black kohl. Make sure the outer corners meet.
- Sweep a pale rosey pink blush high on your cheekbones. Soften considerably.
- Slick your lips with concealer to lighten the natural color.
- Slick your lips with LOTS of very pale pink gloss.
1970's - After the slightly garish 60's the 70's were pared down and inspired by natural colours.
- Apply your foundation and powder as normal.
- Sweep pastel lilac shadow from lashline to crease. Blend well into the crease.
- Blend a pastel greeny/blue into the outer corner of eyelid, then drag out slightly toward end of your eyebrow.
- Dot a lavander shadow in the inner corner.
- Line your upper lashline with the lavander shadow on a damp brush.
- Sweep a couple coats of brown lengtheing shadow onto upper and lower lashes.
- Finish with a delicate pink lipstick.
Enjoy retro - ising